Thursday, November 17, 2011

Home Away From the World

Nestled underneath the canopy growth of lush forest. Wresting on the shoulders of majestic mountains. This is where I find it.

When in need of retreat, I escape to this place. Far from any city, I leave the main road. The story of my home, about to my told. Driving down the dirt path, I see ferns of green. Towering above, behind and before are the enduring redwoods of old. Looked upon only by me, for the rest of the world, they remain unseen.

Wayfaring beyond the road, I walk. As memory of the morning lingers, a dew dropped leaf kisses my hand. Arriving now, I may gaze beyond the canopy overhead, to the inland sea, to my enchanted land.

Clear skies of heaven's day does no longer remain so far away. Barefoot am I, stepping foot upon this clear sky. Waking the water, I slip beneath.

Resting comfortably, among the aspens, my cabin awaits me. Kept company and guarded, it sits by the tree. It's here I call home. It's here my heart will stay. Below my mountain, It's here I wish to forever lay.

When I return to the city, it's in flesh, not in mind. For the most important part about me, my spirit, will remain behind.

It's here I'll be, in my small, yet wonderful, home away from the world and house next to the sea...

No comments:

Post a Comment