Thursday, December 8, 2011

The Wind Beneath Me

This passed week hasn't been a favorable one. I feel the stress of everything weighing down on me. Final exams are awaiting me, before I'll be able to go about my days, worrying about simpler things. Life is a struggle, on occasion, and sometimes it's obstacles seem unworthy of my effort. But, there are a few things I can think of that are worth undertaking...

These are some words I can always find a way to relate to, regardless of the situation:

'I know. It's all wrong. By rights we shouldn't even be here. But we are. It's like in the great stories. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger they were. And sometimes you didn't want to know the end. Because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened? But in the end, it's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer. Those were the stories that stayed with you. That meant something, even if you were too small to understand why. But I think, I do understand. I know now. Folk in those stories had lots of chances of turning back, only they didn't. They kept going. Because they were holding on to something: That there's some good in this world and it's worth fighting for.'

If sought, a beacon of light can always be found to guide you... What's lighting my way?

Your voice, more lovely and temperate
Than the gifted resonance of spring’s breeze
It fills my heart and this I cannot bate
If canceled is this voice, my world would freeze
The words you speak, they can cripple a soul
But I would remain lame for a lifetime
Without them, I would no longer be whole
And crazed is my mind, with loss of your rhyme
It carried me, but now, standing quite alone
Deeply engraved, the idea of what I sought
Far away is that place from where I’ve flown
Will I go back, or back will I be brought
    Forgotten how to fly, need you to sing
    Because your voice is wind beneath my wing

1 comment:

  1. They lived happily ever after in their own mythical world with all the love they could offer each other.

    ReplyDelete