Sunday, November 20, 2011

Taking Notice

It's a late night of working, but time seems to slip by with general ease. I'm starting to think about this now...

What is lost and what is let by, while I'm laying in wait? How much do I savor, while in pursuit of one specific thing? Tomorrow, I'm going to make more time for the other things, the little things, the things that don't generally rise to the top of my attention. I'll walk a little bit slower, look a little bit longer and try to understand a little bit better...

Stars, with rarity and awe, do collide
Similar acts, take lifetimes to unfold
Breath of living is held, as such things hide
Aeons let pass for eyes, still, to behold
People idly wait for acts, so rare
Earth, bearing its own, marvelous and bright
These common splendors passed by, without care
It's the common things that deserve your sight
Lay calmly and rest, no longer forget
Grass beneath you, a pillow, for your head
Sun's touch of warmth and comfort, your blanket
The resplendence of all the earth, your bed
     Marvel at the wonders that you now know
     Life will taste sweeter, with more grace you'll grow

No comments:

Post a Comment